The Adventures of (Angel) Grrreta's Fam

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grrreta's Viewer Mail - Vol. 6 - Kitty Cussing

This installment of Grrreta's Viewer Mail features another letter from one of our viewers asking for advice. We appreciate your help to answer our perplexed reader's question. Here it is: . Dear Grrreta's Readers, . I'm a pretty quiet kitty. I don't meow unless I really, really, really, really, absolutely must immediately get scritches. But, every once in a while, my mommy can hear me in the distance chattering away in a room all by myself making little meeps and trill sounds. It sounds to her like I'm muttering to myself, and it always occurs around either the litter box where my brother has just buried tear-inducing toxic waste or near the kitty mess-hall where he has spilled a dish of MY delicious stinky goodness in the midst of playing his non-stop year-and-a-half-long game of thundering herd of elephants. Since my mommy is often tempted to use words from the bad word list when she sees these messes, she suspects that my little muttering sounds are really kitty cussing. I'm not admitting to anything, but what do you think? . Sincerely, Schmrrreta (not my real name)

11 comments:

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

schmrrreta ...
cussin makez me laff an laff. i say (in da werdz uv da grate tim gunn) "carry on." da end.
grreta ...
cood u take a moment an vote fer halloween squillion uv 2008?
click heer
pleez an thank u.
yerz--jh

Max said...

Yeah, if Buddah spilled MY Stinky Goodness, there would be lots of fun words being meowed by me, followed by bloodshed.

I go in rooms and talk by myself, but mostly I do it to drive the Woman nuts. Short trip. Hehehe

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Those sound like bird-watching sounds to me... but it doesn't sound like you're (I mean, Schmrrreta is) in a bird-watching context when she makes these noises. Hmmm.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Your mom may be on to something.

Quill and Greyson said...

schmrrreta I often use the cuss of Mother Fluffer! I like to wander the house and chat when I think no one can hear me.

Zoe and Indy said...

We do that when we see bugs...maybe your brother is just buggin' you.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I swear profusely but it sounds more like Donald Duck than sweet chattering sounds so I am confused. Maybe you are just more polite than me.
Purrs,
Shade

Sunny's Mommy said...

Schmrrreta, I think what your Mommy suspects should not matter to you. You're a cat, do whatever you want.

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

CAN YOO SEND YER BRUTHER TO ME CUZ I WOOD LOVE TO PLAY THUNDERING HERD OF ELEFUNTS FOR A YEER AND A HAFF AND DUZ HE LIKE BUNNYKIKKING CUZ THAT'S A GAME I LOVE TO PLAY TOO.

YER FREND,
TRRRIPPERRRETA

Anonymous said...

Dear Schmrrreta, throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Mom's always know.

Forever Foster said...

Shmrrreta, from one ladycat to another, I understand the need to cuss when your brother is being crazy. Sometimes, purrs just aren't enough!

-Suey